The Alliance for Community Transfusion Services (ACTS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, formed in 2010, with the purpose of creating a new model for community blood banking. We are committed to delivering innovative blood services solutions to hospitals and their patients through our unique collaboration of nonprofit, independent blood centers. ACTS members achieve the economic benefits associated with large operations without sacrificing the quality of independent community blood banking. Each year, we collect, process, and distributes more than 1.75 million blood products to over 800 healthcare facilities throughout the United States. Our 14-member community includes:
Carter BloodCare (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
Coastal Bend Blood Center (Corpus Christi, TX)
We Are Blood (Austin, TX)
South Texas Blood and Tissue Center (San Antonio, TX)
Oklahoma Blood Institute (Oklahoma City, OK)
LifeShare Blood Center (Shreveport, LA)
Community Blood Center of the Ozarks (Springfield, MO)
SunCoast Blood Centers (Sarasota, FL)
Shepeard Community Blood Center (Augusta, GA)
Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank (Hershey, PA)
The Community Blood Center (Appleton, WI)
Houchin Community Blood Bank (Bakersfield, CA)
MEDIC Regional Blood Center (Knoxville, TN)
Bloodworks Northwest (Seattle, WA)
SIZE & SCOPE
- Blood Collections – ACTS members account for over 1.3 million annual blood collections, approximately 7% of total US collections and approximately 14% of independent blood center collections
- Employees – ACTS members have an employee base of about 4,000
- Customers – ACTS members provide blood services to more than 750 hospitals and health care facilities
The mission of ACTS is to enable its members in fulfilling their role as independent blood centers in the communities they serve.
ACTS will be a collaborative of self-directed, independent blood centers that model the values of community blood banking and collectively meet challenges of the business environment supported by ACTS initiatives, shared resources and expertise.
- To promote relationships between member centers and their client hospitals characterized by efficiency, quality, cost containment, consistency of supply, and customer service in all aspects of transfusion and related services.
- To promote the financial strength, independence and excellence of member centers.
- To preserve, build upon, and leverage the diversity, agility, versatility and innovation of member centers.
- To support the local services of member centers while equipping them to flourish in an evolving competitive health care market.